Lemon Blueberry Pudding Cakes
½ c. sugar
2 Tsp. flour
1 c. milk
2 Tsp. butter, melted and cooled
¼ c. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. Fresh lemon zest
½ tsp. salt
1 c. fresh blueberries, divided, plus more for garnish
Fresh whipping cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Set 6 ramekins (6 oz. each) in a 9 by 13 in, baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until thick and creamy. Stir in flour, milk, butter, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- In a large, clean bowl, whip egg whites and salt until stiff (but not dry) peaks form. Stir one quarter of beaten whites into egg yolk mixture until blended, then gently fold in remaining whites and ¾ cup of the blueberries.
- Pour batter into ramekins. Pour enough hot water into the baking pan to come 1 inch up sides of the ramekins, careful not to get water in the ramekins.
- Bake until the tops are lightly golden, about 35 minutes. Remove ramekins from water bath and let cool to room temperature before serving. Garnish with whipping cream, the some fresh blueberries and a mint leaf, if desired. ( You can make this early in the day, cover with plastic wrap after they cool and let sit out until ready to serve.)