You all asked for it, so here you go! (Make sure to show this to your significant other or Santa may not get the memo!) Click on the pictures to link to the retailers website where I purchased my products.
1. Roul ‘Pat mat. Trust me on this one. This silicone mat is a must for rolling out any type of dough (cookies, rolls, bread, pies, etc…). It makes rolling out dough a snap and is also a snap to clean up. I don’t know what I would do without mine! And the size is awesome…larger than any cutting board you can find. Another bonus… storage. Just roll it up and tuck it away!
2. A really good quality knife. Everyone needs at least one really good knife. You will be so happy you invested in it after you use it the first time. The one pictured above is the one I love and use. It is the Miyabi Artisan SGR2 Collection Chefs knife. I love mine so much I bought another one just like it! I would pick one that feels good in your hand. There are many different brands you should try. Make sure they let you cut something with it in the store so you can give it a test run. The stores usually have a variety of vegetables and fruits you can cut to try the knives out.
3. Start a collection of simple and classic, white ceramic serving ware. They work with both casual and elegant gatherings. Everyone in my classes are always asking where I get mine from. The best part… the price! So affordable!
4. This simple little tool is one of my favorites in my kitchen! Whether you are finely grating some parmesan cheese, fresh garlic, chocolate shavings or zesting some lemon rind, this will make it seem practically effortless. It hardly takes up any storage, cleans in less than a minute and is just plain perfect! I am sure anyone would be excited to find this in their stocking.
5. All Clad pot or pan. You can start by investing in one piece at a time, or if you are looking to splurge, buy a set! If you really want to splurge, I highly recommend the copper core (pictured above). If not, the stainless steel is wonderful and is what I have. Although I am slowly investing in copper pieces because I love the performance of the copper pans so much. These will last you practically forever. And forever is a pretty good investment if you ask me!
6. Baking Steel. Just yesterday, I posted a review on this amazing product and you can go back to read it here to find out why I love and recommend this so much. This is another “last forever”investment.
7. This is probably the number one product I get asked about. What kind of food processor do I have and use. For those of you that have attended my classes, you know how much I use and rely on this incredible machine! Once you get one, you will wonder how you ever got a long without one. It definitely makes making so many things SO much easier and SO much faster! You will probably get a big hug and kiss after this gift is opened! (I recommend the 14 cup. The others are too small of a capacity to give you the versatility you need.)
8. This is an Emile Henry Artisan Pie dish and it is simply amazing. How can a pie dish be amazing you ask? The process to make this is what makes it so amazing. It can go from the freezer straight into the oven. Most ceramic dishes would crack from the drastic temperature change, but not this one. And the result of the crust…. wow…. perfection. LOVE!
9. This Bosch Universal Stand Mixer is definitely the most used, abused, loved and cherished appliance in my kitchen! There are no words to adequately express how much I love and endorse this mixer! Does it ever overheat from too much use (believe me.. I have put it through the most strenuous of tests!)? Never! This is a workhorse like I have never seen before. I hear from some of you that have inherited their grandmothers Bosch mixer that it still works perfectly. Now that is quality people! If your loved one finds this under the tree, you are sure to hear big squeals of excitement and joy. And when you bite into all the incredible creations made from this amazing machine, you too will be squealing with joy. Your whole household will be doing the happy dance!
10. Of course this wish list would not be complete without recommending gift certificates to my classes… Jenny Evans Gatherings. Not only will you and/or your loved one learn to make the most use of the items above, but you will come away inspired and knowing how to make amazing new dishes! I hear from many of you that you call my classes a dinner and show. I take that to mean they are a lot of fun! You can email me or leave a comment in the comment box and I can contact you about my cooking class gift certificates.
Happy holidays my friends! XO